Higher Education Commission
Admissions of foreigners as well as Pakistani Origin applicants in Pakistani Medical and Engineering Institutions
Pakistan Technical Assistance Programme (PTAP )
The Economic Affair division is the focal point for processing applications under PTAP.
Government of Pakistan
Admission Notice for the Academic Session 2014-15
Under Pakistan Technical Assistance Programme (PTAP) a limited number of seats are available in the disciplines of Medicine (MBBS), Dentistry (BDS), Pharmacy (D Pharmacy and B.Sc Engineering for the students of Pakistan Origin having foreign nationality, for the Session 2014-15. All those who fulfill the following conditions are eligible to apply:
1. Must have a valid proof of foreign nationality, self and parent.
2. Must have a proof of Pak-Origin in the form of Pakistan Origin card/NADRA I.D. Card or Pakistani Passport.
3. Must have studies and passed 12th grade or equivalent exam physically from abroad.
4. Must have studies right combination of subjects in Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or equivalent examination i.e. Physic, Chemistry and Biology for applying in MBBS/BDS/ Pharmacy and Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for B.Sc Engineering.
5. Must have a minimum of 60% marks in HSSC/Equivalent Exam after conversion from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) for apply in MBBS, BDS, Engineering and Pharmacy.
6. As prescribed by some of the Universities, students seeking admission in Engineering are required to pass SAT-1 and SAT-II or entry test.
7. For admission in MBBS/BDS, following additional condition will also apply:
i) According to PMDC guidelines, “The candidate shall have to appear in the provincial entry test or in lieu of the entry test of the admission authority, the candidates having qualification and study from abroad is required to have passed SAT-II examination score with minimum 550 marks in each of the three subjects of which two have to be biology and chemistry or MCAT with minimum aggregate score of 24.”
ii) TOEFL or IELTS score of 500 or 5.5 respectively shall be required from the students who have obtained their required qualification from those institutions where the medium of instruction is not English. An alternate to TOEFL and IELT is a certification by NUML, Islamabad after a one year English language course.
Prescribed application forms and detailed terms and conditions of the programme can be down-loaded from EAD’s web site www.ead.gov.pk
Candidates interested to apply against the above seats must submit their complete applications o the prescribed application form (in triplicate) in General Branch (R&I) of Economic Affairs Division along with the duly attested copies of the following documents by August 31, 2014 for admission in D. Pharmacy & B.Sc Engineering and October 31, 2014 for admission in MBBS & BDS.
1. HSSC or equivalent certificate alongwith detail marks certificate/transcripts.
2. Equivalence certificate issued by Inter Board Committee of Chairmen in case of foreign qualification.
3. Proof of Foreign Nationality, Self and Parent (foreign passport, citizenship certificate etc). Green card is not accepted as proof of foreign nationality).
4. Proof of Pak-Origin (Pakistani Passport, I.D. Card etc).
5. Result Card of SAT-II or MCAT and Valid TOEFL/IELTS score card for admission in MBBS/BDS in case medium of instruction is not English.
Applications received after the cut off date will not be accepted & responded to.
(Aftab Ahmad Khan)