Requirements For New NICOP (First Time Application)
Download NICOP Form (PDF) .......................
1. Completed NICOP application form: Please avoid cutting and crossing, leave a space between words, keep letters within the boxes and write neatly. Please make sure you fill out all the important portions such as:
a. English and Urdu fields (compulsory)
b. Head of Family NIC (Shanakhati card) Number (Column 2): Head of Family is the father if applicant is unmarried and the husband is applicant is married. For men, it would be self if applicant is married.
c. Father's/Mother's name and NIC numbers – column 7-11. If the father/mother is not alive, put “DECEASED” where it asks for their NIC/CNIC/NICOP number (Col 8 & 11).
d. Spouse name and Pakistan NIC/CNIC/NICOP No (Column 13 and 14 ) : Write husband/wife's full name as indicated in your documents. Do not put last name first. Put spaces between the names. In Column 14, write husband/wife's Pakistan ID card number (without the dashes). If the husband/wife is non-Pakistani, please indicate NON PAKISTANI in the boxes if the applicant is unmarried, write NOT APPLICABLE in Column 14.
e. Present address in USA - column 23
f. Permanent address in Pakistan - column 24 Complete Pakistan address with District and Tehsil (Q 24). If it is a Karachi address, please indicate which region of Karachi (north, south, east or west ).
g. Telephone number in the US (column 26 ) is required
h. Personal information, left thumb impression and signature (Column 28 ) are BOTH required. For children, left thumb impression is required. In place of their signature, just write their names.
i. Attester information (Column 29-31) IS REQUIRED . Attester is a person EXCEPT the applicant, their mother, father and spouse that already has a computerized Pakistani National ID Card (CNIC or NICOP). This can be anyone. Example: A neighbor, a distant relative, a friend or a coworker.
j. Blood Relative Reference (Column 33) IS REQUIRED. Please provide name and 13 digit NICOP/CNIC number of a blood relative (mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter, uncle, aunt etc) and indicate relation with relative
2. Photocopy of page 1, 2 & 3 of current/valid Pakistani passport and/or valid/unexpired foreign passport copy. (if Pakistani passport has been expired, please include a copy regardless but also make sure to include a copy of your valid/unexpired foreign passport to make sure that at least one valid/unexpired passport is provided with application)
3. Photocopy of NIC/CNIC/NICOP (front and back). If Applicant is under 18 or does not have an NIC, include copy of Form ‘B' (RG-II) or CRC (NADRA Child Registration Certificate). If that is not available, include copy of birth certificate along with copy of father's NIC (front and back)
4. Two (2) current photographs (passport size, light blue or white background, front facing ).
5. Copy of marriage certificate (in case change of marital status).
6. Money order or cashier's check for the fee $55 made payable to the Embassy of Pakistan.
7. One Self addressed prepaid envelope from the US Post Office if sending by mail (stamped and self-addressed). Please make sure to send a document-size envelop so we can send back portions of applications if so needed. This envelope will be used to send you back your receipt as well.