GUIDELINES FOR RENUNCIATION OF PAKISTAN CITIZENSHIP
To renounce Pakistani Nationality, the applicants would have to surrender all their valid and expired passports and national identification cards.
Following are the guidelines in this regard:
• Pakistanis under the age of 21 cannot renounce their citizenship independently. However, their names could be included in the renunciation application of their father.
• $30 Fee is accepted only in the form of money order or cashier check payable to the Embassy of Pakistan, Washington DC. No cash or personal checks are accepted.
• Written and signed request with reason for renunciation of citizenship.
• Form ‘X’ completed and duly signed by the applicant. This Form could be downloaded from the Embassy’s website and is also available at the Consular Section of the Embassy. Form will be attested by the Embassy of Pakistan. Those sending their cases by mail should enclose notarized copy of Form X.
• All Pakistani passports (valid and expired) in original along with one set of copies of each passport are required.
• Computer Performa (Available on the Embassy's website and at the consular Section of the Embassy) duly filled in.
• In case the applicant does not have CNIC/NICOP, the applicant may provide correct complete address in Pakistan along with two references in Pakistan for Police verification of applicant’s antecedents.
• Original CNIC/NICOP to be submitted to the Embassy at the time of renunciation application. This card will have to be cancelled online by the applicant once the renunciation of the citizenship is approved by authorities in Pakistan. The applicant would be informed accordingly.
• An email of the applicant needs to be written on Form X, enabling authorities in Pakistan to contact the applicant directly if some information/documents are needed.
• Applicants can check status of their applications by sending an email on email@example.com